Saturday, November 03, 2007

A MORNING TREAT

Here is what I made for my breakfast and it was so lip-smackingly delicious that I thought you might like to try it.

I chopped an unpeeled, organic apple into small pieces.
I added a handful of organic Hunza raisins (get at Whole Foods or Wild Oats), 2 tablespoons of organic crunchy p-nut butter, a small teaspoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of jam (I used fig 'cause that's what I had) but any would work, 1/4 cup raw, organic chopped cranberries, 1/4 cup organic frozen blueberries and 1/8 cup of frozen blackraspberries and last...1 teaspoon of raw honey...local is good if it's raw. You could probably use any mixture of other fruits to good end, also. I plan on trying a bunch of others in the coming days.

I mixed this all together and waited long enough to let everything thaw then mixed again. I toasted a whole wheat pita bread until soft, cut it in half so I had two "pockets" and filled them with this yummy mixture.

I figured that this concoction had lots of antioxidants, protein, unrefined carbohydrates and just a bunch of other goodies. It was also very, very satisfying and I did not hunger for anything (food-wise : ) until 1 or 2 O'clock. So, give it a try and think of me while you enjoy this delightful breakfast.

The amount above makes enough for 2 generous pita breads in case you have a sweetie that you'd like to share with. I had it two mornings in a row and it was just as good the second morning as the first.

I hope it appeals to you...hey, it's gotta be better that any pastry, huh...and in fact, it is...by a long shot!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Blogger Dan said...

My shopping list is now complete. Thank you,Lois,for the idea. Just wondering how some avacado could be incorporated into this delectable recipe or maybe another?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home