Sunday, October 28, 2007

MAGICAL SOUP

I was going to go straight to bed when I got home from contra dance this evening...but I didn't. Why did I go to contra dance when just yesterday I was sick as a dog, as they say?
I had made myself some magical, healing soup from root veggies, herbs, onions, garlic and things fresh from the garden. I've eaten it three times now...so I can only think that that's what has gotten me feeling better. I'm definitely not perfect but clearly on the mend. I did not boo-hoo once today : )

When I was coming into my dark backyard coming back from contra dance, I looked up and saw two planes in the cold vastness of space. Now I'm aware that in reality they were miles apart but to my eye, they were passing closely...closely enough for the passengers in each plane to wave and smile to one another...then whiz on to whatever their own lives are.

Seeing these planes and imagining them the way I did gave me a chilly feeling, somehow. Even when something seems so very close, it can be miles and miles apart and all the smiles and good feelings get lost in that icy vastness and then life goes on. It turns out that illusions can be pretty powerful. In my eye, the planes were just a couple of hundred feet apart...but of course this was just an illusion...I think there are a lot of things like that. We see what we want to see or more accurately, what we expect to see. This probably doesn't make much sense...but to some, it may. However illogical, I want to imagine those passengers, sleepy but with the interior lights on seeing into that other plane and getting excited and smiling and waving...for that one brief moment it felt real.

But back to soup. I can only say that letting yourself be guided toward what might help you when you are ill seems like a good thing to do. I know that I gain strength from the earth and the soup was of the earth made from local ingredients while I was in the throes of feeling sorry for myself and so-o-o wanting not to.

So was it the soup or the intention? I don't know. But better I am.

If you are beginning to feel sick, remember to take good care of yourself. Ask for help and accept it, if that's what you need.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home