Monday, July 23, 2007

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

I can't believe it...I said I was gonna stay put for awhile after the Hamptons thing but it seemed like a good thing to help my kids move to Seattle.

First day sure seemed long, however. Driving, driving. Road weary. I am tired tonight. I guess that's why I'm not so up about this night. I am lying in bed wishing to be somewhere I'm not. Wishing to be with someone I'm not. Oh, it's not that Ben and Rebecca aren't just wonderful and I'm sure I'll get out of this particular funk as the road smooths out the frayed edges of my thinking, it's just that right now, tonight, it would feel so nice to be sleeping with more than a pillow. It's really hard to talk a pillow into putting it's arms around you...oh, I guess it doesn't have any arms...well.

As they say, it is what it is and that's all. Really it's all good, all OK. Tonight I am just tired...tired and unsure and tending to look back rather than forward. It's a damn good thing that I am basically an ottimista rather than a pessimista.
I'll come 'round to feeling good. I trust. I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home