Wednesday, May 30, 2007

ONE FREAKING WEEK LATER

Well now, why on earth did I quit my job, travel 1100 miles just to be in the Hamptons for one week?
Because...I did not really like it, honestly. It seemed like an enclave of the very rich and I just didn't jibe with that vibe. The people, Naomi and Irving were really sweet folks. I wish I could have felt more comfortable there...but alas, I am not one to stay where I don't feel good.

So, I am now in the town of Breezewood, PA staying in the same lovely little motel in the same horrendous town where I stayed on the way out to Long Island. Aye carumba!!

I am on my way back to my home in St. Lou. I look forward to working on my garden and just enjoying being home...no more travel for at least a year...this has kinda burned me.

Alas, no job...but if I can just get 2 days a week somewhere, I'll pretty much be OK. Any suggestions from my good buds out there?

Sometimes I think I am just too weird for words. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. So, homeward and on to the next adventure....this time, it's gonna be in St. Louis...at least for the next year.

Live and, hopefully, learn : )

By the way, I am AGAIN passing right by FL Wright's Falling Water but cannot wait until ten when it opens. Maybe I am not supposed to see it...maybe I'll take a trip here to see it with an exciting new boyfriend....r-i-g-h-t!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it didn't feel right for you in the Hamptons. I'm sure it was stunning, as you mention, 50 years ago.

I don't have a problem with the wealth so much as what it tends to do to nature. Money cannot buy good taste.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home