Thursday, May 17, 2007

WELL, WELL IT'S OFF TO NEW YORK I GO

Looks like I will be experiencing life in "The Hamptons" pretty soon. I've landed a swell-sounding job in the Hamptons working for a couple caring for their home and doing a little cookin'. It just sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'll be interested in visiting the city of New York while I am in the Hamptons...you know, museums, art exhibits, coffee shops, studios, etc. I'm looking forward to visiting all that the city has to offer AND helping my employers have a great summer by being of service to them in their home. I love cooking for people who enjoy it, so that'll be nice.
I also have a couple of friends who are around those parts and if I get the chance, I'll visit them while there...I may just actually get a job there and stay a bit...who knows.

I plan on leaving on Monday, noonish. I'll miss my son and daughter in law and various grand kids, Paul and his kids, my friend Steve and my work friends at Bowood Farms. However, since my face points forward I tend to look toward what's happening in the future rather than what has happened in the past.

So onward then.

Here comes another chapter...and the interesting experience of meeting new people, cooking for others, exploring new places and opening to new possibilities. Or not...who knows?