Friday, June 15, 2007

SLEEPING OUTDOORS

Yeah, OK, so I've started sleeping outside, in a tent. I know that when you get old you can get by with some pretty strange shit but what about sleeping in a tent? Is that "too old lady crazy?" I don't think so. I think it's just getting to what's essential.


Whatever. I want to be out in the natural world somehow and sleeping outside seems to fill the bill for this urban old gal. It's kinda fun turning off the flashlight and settling in for a natural noise filled night. The insects just go apeshit. It's a regular cacophony out there at night...something I've totally missed sleeping indoors.

OK, so it's not for everyone. I get that. But hey don't knock it 'til you've tried it, OK?

It's nothing like the Wiltshire Motel in Breezewood PA but it's nice.
The Wiltshire was a total blessing to find in this shithole of a town. Breezewood is nothing more, really, than a glorified truckstop, unless I missed the main town, which I'm pretty sure I didn't. But staying at the Wiltshire was like an oasis in a truckstop desert. I highly recommend that sweet little motel with its kindly owner.

It's not as cool, however, as sleeping outside. The Wiltshire was great but sleeping out under the stars...now that's a real treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home