Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BUFFALO, WY

Yet another day of long driving. But one of beauty. Lots of green pastures interspersed with bright yellow. I think it is yellow for not the best of reasons...South Dakota is in severe drought. It was, however, beautiful.

When I saw Mount Rushmore I can only say that I was utterly shocked. I had thought of this monument as huge...but no, it seemed to me to be teeny. Well, not really teeny but a dang site smaller than I thought it would be.

The road between the monument and the lovely city of Deadwood was swe-e-e-t! Pines and beautiful lakes. Lovely!

Then a big drive, drive, drive...and here we are in Buffalo, Wyoming. The motel is clean, relaxing and comfortable.

A lovely time...wish you all were here. Well, maybe not, it might be a bit crowded.

And in watching the news as I've been writing my blog, guess what?? For the first time in a very long time, this area is expecting rain tonight...hooray! Maybe we brought the rain along : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home