Monday, March 08, 2010

FARMHAUS RESTAURANT-READY?

I am very excited about a new restaurant opening in my neighborhood. (And trying to forget about plumbing problems I'm having here at the old homeplace grrrrr...)
This new restaurant is not vegetarian, of course, but it does seem like the chef is open to taking care of us when we visit. I hope so.

I want to go with a friend of mine and know they are startin' up lunch this week but don't know exactly when.

One of my favorite things to do is to eat at the bar of a neighborhood restaurant. I have done it for years at Trattoria Marcella. They are in my neighborhood, they are wonderful and I can sit at the bar and know I will be taken care of. They always do that...pretty much without exception.

So...that's what I am hoping for with Farmhaus. I haven't seen their innards yet so I don't know what the bar situation is, etc. It would be nice if that could be an option 'cause I really like doing it...sitting at the bar, listening to the ambient sounds of people out to dinner, chatting with folks sitting near (if it seems the thing to do)...like that. I just enjoy the whole experience.

So, when I make it over to Farmhaus I'll let you know how it is.

Keep in touch if you're reading this.

5 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at Farmhaus and yes we do have a bar seat ready for you anytime you want to come in and visit. (just no liquor yet until we get our liquor license). We would ask that you call in advance (preferably the day before so we can accomodate your specific vege needs). We are happy to take care of anyone and love to make new friends so please come see us!


-sarah

 
At 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too live in the beighborhood and while I am interested to see what farmhaus has to offer....I do have a concern about their intent to open a "sidewalk cafe" and "garden bar." You have mentioned in your Sauce article that you are fully aware that you are in a neighborhood setting....so do you take into account the fact that there is a noice factor that comes into play with having outdoor seating...especially at night?

 
At 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely understand your concern ... we don't want to keep anyone awake at night ... please feel free to come in and discuss your worries with us. We aren't going forward with the plans for a garden bar at the time but, definitely want to do sidewalk seating. We want to be a welcoming and inviting neighborhood establishment but that doesn't mean we will disregard our neighbors feelings by any means.

 
At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate your open mindedness and willingness to see the situation from my point of view. that speaks very highly of you and your establishment.

 
At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's been a while since I checked in here. I hope that we are making our neighbors happy, and showing plenty of respect for the community and our neighbors. I hope you have had a chance to come in and eat, and hope you loved it. Thanks for not being afraid to share your concerns and please if you ever have any other concerns, don't hesitate to contact us.

-Sarah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home