Wednesday, January 06, 2010

WHAT A LOVELY SUPPER!

Here we are in ole St. Lou waiting for a powerful snowstorm to overtake us...according to the weather folks.

So, I decided to make a supper of all the stuff I had on hand. I had some cooked brown rice, onion, carrot, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and some other already-forgotten stuff. Oh, my god!!! I'm either a really great cook or I'm way too easily satisfied. My meal was delicious and as good, if not better, than I could find in any local restaurant.

The meal was, as I went on and on about, just wonderful. I steamed the onions and carrots in a little wine and then added the brown rice, ginger and shiitake mushrooms and other things hanging around the kitchen...like freshly ground pepper, escarole, tamari and a bit of grilling cheese.

It was astoundingly delicious. I even have some left for tomorrow...as the snow falls heavily, softly and beautifully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home