Thursday, February 19, 2009

HERE'S A QUICKIE THAT AMUSED AND DELIGHTED ME GREATLY...

I went for a three mile walk the other morning and found the darn cutest thing ever. Walking down some street that I've never been on, I encountered a young, natural-looking woman who was walking a beautiful no, not a dog, not a cat but a rooster. This rooster was a multi- colored beauty and reminded me of a day when I was about this young woman's age, living in the country, pretty happy and I was raising a small flock of chickens. I loved the bantams, the couple of silkies, a polish and a few other breeds that I was raising. That was a wonderful time and led me to a life-long love of chickens...not enough to eat them however but as living creatures who have their own reality. I still love the sounds that chickens make as they are scratching around in the early morning chatting with each other in their raspy little voices.
The city of St. Louis allows a family to own four chickens...hmmm...maybe I'll have to look into that.
I only wish I'd had my camera with me cause it was a sweet scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home