Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Belas Artes and Northwest Coffee

New Years Eve morning began as a pleasant diversion as I met with a couple of friends at Belas Artes Coffee Shop for coffee and pastries. The coffee is a perfect Kaldis blend and the pastries are from Companion.

This was a lovely way to spend a New Year's Eve morning and took me away from my usual favorite Saturday morning haunt… Northwest Coffee in Clayton which I am totally in love with...great coffee and pastries from Mullein Creek Bakery. Yum!

I fell in love with Belas Artes, as well, which occupies the long ago and fondly remembered Pandora's Bakery space. You are gonna love the richness of the appointments (check out the cool bathroom) and you'll love the owner, Cileia Miranda-Yuen's thinking.… here's a sentence from her website:

"An urban oasis where you will experience world cultures through coffee, food, music, and various arts."
The owner wants to bring together people of all types in peace, harmony and acceptance. What a cool person and a very cool place.

The Asian-inspired area could be my favorite place to sit...or is it the comfy, red couch and chairs surrounding an artistically pleasing fireplace of sorts...Oh, I don't know. It's all good, as they say. Wi-fi for your surfing pleasure too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home